Calendar advertisements, also known as calendar push advertising, are a cutting-edge new ad style that delivers adverts as natively scheduled events in the iOS and macOS calendar apps. While it is still in its infancy, it has already proven to be effective in certain verticals.
WHAT ARE CALENDAR NOTIFICATION ADS?
Advertisers who invite users by setting up events that are displayed on the user’s device generate calendar notification ads through the native calendar app. When a user sees an event, he can click it to be redirected to a web browser landing page via the calendar app. Calendar notification advertisements are now only available on iOS devices and are similar to the native Android push notification ads that have dominated non-traditional DSPs in recent years.
HOW DO CALENDAR NOTIFICATION ADS WORK?
Calendar Notification advertising, like push notifications ads, is a subscription-based service that requires the user to opt-in to get event alert ads. The notification is sent to all of the user’s devices via the iCloud service. Before the event, the user will be reminded of the event or advertisements. As you may already be aware, the impact that push notification advertising had two years ago may be replicated in 2021 with another cash-generating gimmick, so get your campaigns started today.
HOW CALENDAR PUSH ADS LOOK LIKE?
The image is the most noticeable visual distinction between web and calendar push ads. Calendar notification ads lack an icon or the main picture on both desktop and mobile platforms. In this situation, what are the advertisers’ bets?
It is the most significant portion of your campaign and the main component for attracting attention. In the user’s calendar and reminders, the headline is the first thing they see. For optimum conversion, we recommend testing several angles of titles (at least 5).
Remember to provide a link to your landing page. It can be found in the calendar push ad’s description. Use top landing page techniques because a landing page is the second most crucial item to catch customers’ attention.
In the event’s Notes, a small ad copy is displayed. Here you can entice users with additional perks or provide more information about your service.
BENEFITS OF CALENDAR PUSH ADS FOR ADVERTISERS
New ad formats are constantly promising more revenue. It makes sense: the market is less saturated and growing, the audience is younger, and the advertising is more appealing. But what is it with iOS Calendar push advertising that makes them so unique?
1. Push traffic from iOS and macOS devices that are of high quality. This demographic is thought to have a higher average income, making them a gold mine for affiliate marketers.
2. Advertisements displayed on a locked screen there has never been a time when you’ve had so much visibility.
3. There are no photos required.
4. The process of launching, testing, and optimizing is simple.
5. Looks that are natural but aggressive and personalized.
6. Calendar push advertising look and feel like events on the main calendar software, which the user recognizes and trusts.
7. A more qualified and younger audience has a higher CR.
8. In comparison to other advertising formats, testing with a reduced expenditure is possible. The CPC approach lets you only pay when a user clicks on a link in your ad. Excellent for getting started, growing your email list, or remarketing.